Skip to content

BCHS field house fire

Allyson Dix, Jobe Publishing, Inc.


On Monday, March 13, the Glasgow Fire Department responded to a fire at the Baseball Field House at the Barren County High School shortly after 1:00 p.m.

Upon arrival, officials found the fire had been extinguished by maintenance personnel. It was determined the cause of the fire stemmed from a stove and damage to the concession area as a result of the fire.

GFD personnel removed smoldering items, ventilated the building, and checked for any fire extension.

GFD says the fire was accidental in nature and no injuries were reported at the scene. They were on the scene for approximately 35 minutes.

Leave a Comment