Guidelines and deadline announcement
Jobe Publishing, Inc.
The March 1st deadline is fast approaching for students to submit an essay for a $1,000 scholarship for any local high school student planning to seek post-secondary education.
The Metcalfe County Young Republicans (MCYR) recently announced the annual scholarship opportunity.
“We are very excited to be able to offer this scholarship for a third consecutive year,” said Daniel Bragg, MCYR and County Party President, “Our ultimate goal as an organization is to help Metcalfe County.”
Despite the disagreements that often come with politics, Bragg said uniting for the betterment of an upcoming graduate is one worth supporting.
“A lot of the time there can be disagreements between political philosophies about what exactly helps or doesn’t help,” Bragg continued, “But I think we can all agree, no matter your side of the aisle, coming together and helping a Metcalfe County graduate is a wonderful purpose.”
The previous winners were Braelyn Davis and Dathan Jolly.
This year’s competition for the spring scholarship will include a written submission outlined below.
At his farewell address thirty-four years ago, former U.S. President Ronald Reagan reminded the American people of perhaps the most-crucial keystone that must not be forgotten when it comes to the freedom of our country.
He said, “…man is not free unless government is limited. There’s a clear cause and effect here that is as neat and predictable as a law of physics: As government expands, liberty contracts.”
- In 500 words or less, discuss the impact the size of government has on a society’s freedom, economic prosperity, health, happiness, and overall quality of life, as well as any other relevant measurements of societal success or failure;
- In 100 words or less, communicate your future plans after high school as thoroughly as possible;
- In 100 words or less, articulate why you should be chosen for this scholarship.
- Please include your name and preferred method of contact
- Applicants can e-mail completed essays in Microsoft Word format to firstname.lastname@example.org
- The winning recipient must be a senior at Metcalfe County High School seeking any post-secondary education
- Recipient agrees to the publication of submissions, including the essay and answers (partially or in totality) on social media, mass media, and other means the organization decides to use for publication
- The chosen recipient will be announced at the Metcalfe Reagan Day Dinner on March 18.
DEADLINE FOR ESSAYS TO BE SUBMITTED: MARCH 1, 2023.