In light of the COVID-19 Pandemic currently affecting our community, the City of Glasgow recognizes the increased burden being placed on local businesses. The City wishes to pledge additional support by offering business relief grants of up to $12,000 for small businesses to aid in recovery of their operations.
To be eligible for assistance, a business must meet all the following:
- Exists within the city limits in a brick-and-mortar location.
- Own the property/building or have a lease arrangement with the property owner.
- Be current on City of Glasgow property tax payments, occupational license fees, maintain a current business license and has met all requirements mandated by the Secretary of State to operate in the State of Kentucky.
- Be a small business as defined as:
- Net profit income for 2019 of no more than $200,000 or businesses with less than 25 employees, supported by the presentation with application with your Schedule C (Form1040). If you have yet to file your 2019 return a 2018 return will be considered
- Open and operating before January 1, 2020
- Not be a franchise or franchise-affiliated
- Be categorized as a non-essential business type that was required to cease or reduce operations as a result of the Executive Orders issued by the Governor and has been compliant with this order.
- Business must be listed in the eligible business category.
- Have no owner, officer, partner or principal actor of the business who is a City of Glasgow employee or elected official.
- Immediate family member (parent, spouse and sibling) of a current City of Glasgow employee or elected official should be stated in the application.
SCHEDULE OF ASSISTANCE
- This relief program grant will be awarded to qualified businesses only
- The maximum amount of funding assistance will be $12,000
- Assistance will be provided to businesses after review of their application
- Applications will be taken December 8, 2020 through December 18, 2020
- Applications will be reviewed beginning December 14, 2020
- Recovery funds will be awarded to successful applicants for paid expenses that have occurred beginning March 1, 2020. Proof of these payments will be required with this application.